General Information for All Open Positions
We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated people who want to become part of The Mad Optimist Team. If you are looking for a fun, growing, and intensely busy company to grow with- then this may be the place for you! If you are crafty, hands-on, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, and love to create great high-quality items, we would love to talk with you.
We’re building a team of independent, self-managing equals, all striving to do and be awesome, through practices and products, for the betterment of people and the planet.
We are constantly innovating to change and improve the way business is done: all Mad Optimist employees receive the exact same pay rate, including the founders* and administrative staff as well as production and fulfillment staff, because we think every task and responsibility is important to the business. Also, employees will be eligible to participate in a future employee stock ownership plan.
* The founders have not drawn a paycheck in order for the business to grow and expand. When the business has enough cash flow, they will be paid at the same pay rate as all other employees and this fineprint message will be removed. :-)
Current Equal Pay Rate: $11/hour. As the business gets more opportunities, the Equal Pay Rate will rise accordingly. For first two weeks of employment, training rate is $9/hour, after which time pay increases to the Equal Pay Rate ($11/hour).
To apply: Please email our human resources manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you're applying for in the subject line, and the following information as two separate attachments.
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including your short and thoughtful answers to the following questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself
- What is the best thing about you?
- How would your previous co-workers describe you and your work?
- What about this job is attractive to you?
- What makes you a Mad Optimist?
Current Open Positions:
Production Team Member Position
We are accepting applications and cover letters for this position.
Applicants will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
Updated: December 26, 2019; Originally posted: August 30, 2019.
Number of vacant positions: 2
Start date: Immediately.
Possible tasks may include:
- Making soap
- Making lip balms
- Making/bottling sprays and essential oils
- Handcutting soap
- Wrapping and boxing up soap, lip balms, and other products
- Packing and shipping online and wholesale orders
- Cleaning as needed: sweeping, mopping, washing production dishes, tidying
- Bookkeeping data entry
- Inventory: Raw materials and finished products
- Materials receiving and intake
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Hours: At least 20, up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Some managerial experiences preferred, but not required.